Curious about what really goes on behind an artist’s closed doors?
Come and find out at
START Fest on 16 – 17 October, 2010
Just turn up any time between 10am and 5pm and discover the creative journey!
Visit the magical world of an artist’s studio, witness a creator’s universe – the starting point of the creative journey.
Meet 92 emerging and well established artists who will open their doors to the public over one weekend.
Discover what goes into the making of a work of art, the personality and the story behind the work.
START Fest goals are:
- Make more art more accessible to more people
- Expose all aspects of art
- Raise awareness across all practices
- Inform, educate and promote the community
- Encourage creativity
- Improve visual language skills
- Foster the work of local artists
- Inspire others across our collective culture
- Encourage a new generation of art lovers and artists
- Share the educational benefits of art with generations across all age groups
- Develop greater cooperation and understanding of the visual arts across the Sydney population
Marcia Monje and Chris Lamaro